Widgets are objects that let you see information at a glance, including snapshots of your projects, tasks, builds, and storage space.
You can add widgets to the Home and Project dashboards. They are clickable so you can access information directly from a widget. Additionally, widgets can be moved and resized.
Following are the basic activities involved with widgets:
- Add After you’ve added content and information (e.g., projects, tasks) to your license, you will probably want to add widgets to your Home and Project dashboards. For example, on your Home dashboard you might want to see widgets showing storage and usage, project bookmarks, build activity, and a task calendar. And on your project dashboards, you might want to see widgets showing project properties, live builds, and target build history. See Adding Widgets to a Dashboard.
- Duplicate and Copy You can create multiple copies of most widgets. This allows you to use filters to view different content in each widget. In addition, if you are using the Project Properties widget on the Project dashboard, you can use a toolbar shortcut to copy it to the Home dashboard. This allows you to easily transfer the Project Properties widget to view it alongside other widgets, without needing to recreate your filter settings. See Duplicating Widgets.
- Filter After you've added widgets to your dashboard, you can filter the widgets to display only the information you want to see. Depending on the widget you are using, you can filter by project, target, user, priority, date, or build state. See Filtering Widgets.
- Refresh If you have made changes to your projects or content, you can refresh the entire dashboard or an individual widget. Refreshing a widget syncs the information on the page with the server. See Refreshing Widgets.
- Remove If you no longer need a widget on your dashboard, you can remove it. See Removing Widgets.