When working in any of the views on the Tasks page, anyone can click a task to view its details. From here, you can take various actions (e.g., move, edit, delete, add attachments, add comments) on the task, as long as you have the “Create/Edit Tasks” permission.
No special permission is required for this activity. All users are allowed.
- Click . The Tasks page opens.
- On the far right side of the page, make sure Task Board is selected.
On the task card, click the title.
The Task Details dialog opens.
- (Optional) From this dialog, you can do the following, depending on your permission settings:
- Move At the top of the dialog, you can click Move To in order to place the task in a different milestone (To Do, In Progress, Completed). You can also move completed tasks to the Archive area, and you can move unfinished tasks to the Backlog area so they can be addressed later. See Moving Tasks.
- Delete At the top of the dialog, you can click Delete in order to remove the task. See Deleting Tasks.
- Add Attachments At the top of the dialog, you can click Attachments in order to choose one or more files to be associated with the task. Others can then download the attached files for more information about the task.
- Edit At the top of the dialog, you can click Edit in order to make changes to the task. See Editing Tasks.
- Open Project If the task is associated with a Flare project, you can click the link showing the project name. This opens the Projects page for that project.
See About Projects.
- Add Comments You can click in the text box and add comments related to the task. You can also click the paper clip icon to add attachments related to your comment. Be sure to click Save Comment when you are finished. See Adding Comments to Tasks.
- When finished, click Close.