After creating a task, you can edit it to make changes or additions.
To create, edit, add comments to, or delete a task, you must have the following permission setting:
Without permission, you can only view tasks.
For more information about permissions, see Setting User Permissions.
- Click . The Tasks page opens.
- On the far right side of the page, make sure Task Board is selected.
- To the left, locate the task card and click on it (not on the title). You can use the search field, or you can use the filter features to limit the tasks shown (see Filtering Tasks).
- In the toolbar click . The Edit Task dialog opens.
- If necessary, you can change the Title field.
- You can also edit any of the other fields in the dialog:
Description You can enter a description for the task.
Tip: If you need to create a project checklist as part of your task, you might consider paste a copy of the checklist URL in your task description.
See About Project Checklists.
Once you finish the checklist, you can return to the Tasks page to move the task card to the Completed milestone.
- Priority Level You can use the slider to indicate the priority level of the task (Low, Medium, or High). Each priority level is indicated by a color, which is shown in the task card:
- Project You can select an uploaded Flare project. This associates the project with that task, and anytime someone opens the task, he or she can click the project link to open it in the Projects page.
- Start Date You can click the buttons on the right side of the field to select the date and time when the task should be started. This date is used when looking at the task in Calendar view.
- Due Date You can click the buttons on the right side of the field to select the date and time by which the task should be completed. This date is used when looking at the task in Calendar view. When a task is past the due date (and not yet completed), the text turns red.
- Est Hours You can enter an estimated number of hours for the task.
- Owner You can click the avatar to choose another user as the owner of the task.
Assigned to You can click the avatar to assign the task to a different user.
Note: A task can be assigned to only one person.
- Attachments You can click this button to choose one or more files to be associated with the task. Others can then download the attached files for more information about the task.
Note: If you want to clean out files in order to save on storage space, you can delete files that are attached to individual tasks.
To do this, click on the task title to open the Task Details dialog. Then hover the attachment, click , and click OK in the confirmation dialog.
Note: In addition to editing the details for a task, you can change its state by moving it from one milestone to another (e.g., from “To Do” to “In Progress”). See Moving Tasks.