When you upload a project to Central, it has a status of “Active.” If necessary, you can change the status to “Archive” or “Lock.” You can always change it back to “Active” later if you need to.
For this activity, you must have the following permission setting:
For more information about permissions, see Setting User Permissions.
- On the left side of the Central interface, click . The Projects page opens.
- Do one of the following:
- Click in an empty area of the project row to select it. Then in the local toolbar click .
- In the Status column on the Projects page, click the current status of the project.
The Set Project Status dialog opens.
- Click in the drop-down field and choose the status you want to set. You will see different options, depending on the current status of the project.
- Activate If you have previously archived or locked a project, you can select this option to return it to an “Active” status.
Archive You might archive a project if you want to keep a copy of the files in the cloud, but you no longer need the output. An archived project cannot be opened or viewed, and all outputs become inaccessible. If you have a build for the project set to “Live,” you cannot archive the project unless you first remove the “Live” setting on that build.
If you archive a project, all data is preserved. All access will be denied to the project until it is reactivated.
- Lock You might lock a project if you do not want any more changes made to the project, but you need to retain the output, particularly any builds set as “Live.” When a project is locked, it becomes read-only.
- Depending on the option you selected, click Activate Project, Archive Project, or Lock Project.